cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone still showing as active despite leaving virgin media

Voiplover69
Tuning in

I recently ended my contract with virgin media 2 days ago. I had Phone/Broadband/TV. When i log in on the app it still says my phone is active while the other two services have been removed. I am worried there has been some mistake and i will continue to get charged for the phone.

Please can someone help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to me, I would be happy to check the account and confirm this for you. 

I will pop you over a private message to confirm a few details now. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Voiplover69, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community.

I am sorry to hear the phoneline is still unexpectedly active. Are you due to port the number out to another provider? 

If so, the line will remain active until this has been completed. If this is not the case, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you,

Nat

Hi Nat,

the number was ported out the same day the contract ended - 07/06/2022. However the phone is still showing on my account today.

Thanks

A

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming. 

Once the number is ported out, we usually proceed with the full disconnection on the account within 7 to 10 days. 

Have you received any communications to confirm a date for this? If not, please let me know if you wish for us to take a look from our side and confirm the date. 

Thank you, 

Nat

I have only received communication to arrange collection of the router and tv box, nothing about the phone. I would appreaciate if you could check for me. Below is how it shows on my account, you can see the phone is still active but everything is disconnected. I just want to make sure im not being charged for the phone past the date of disconnection (07/06/2022).

Thanksvmpackage.jpg

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to me, I would be happy to check the account and confirm this for you. 

I will pop you over a private message to confirm a few details now. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon, 

Nat