Menu
benjaxon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone service totally unreliable

I'm really on the edge with my Virgin landline. We never know from one day to the next whether it will work or not. We've had engineers out about 3 times over the past year or so but then the same thing happens again. Last time we had an appointment booked the fault went away before the visit but of course it's now dead again. 

I know some one will contact me full of apologies and arrange for an engineer to call but what is the point? Days or weeks later it will be broken again. This service is so unreliable I am seriously thinking of switching to BT.

Benedict Jackson

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone service totally unreliable

Hi benjaxon,

I am sorry to hear that you've been having so many issues with the telephone line. Is the telephone line currently affected by a fault? If so are you able to explain what issue you're currently experiencing with it?

If you're still experiencing issues we would need to look at arranging an appointment for you so someone can come take a look at the connection and equipment at your end to see if they can determine what is going wrong.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
benjaxon
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes we have no service at all. No dial tone, no incoming calls.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ellen_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the hassle. For us to request for an engineer visit, we can do this via online chat. Keep us posted. ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ask Virgin if they can supply your phone service over your broadband instead. It’s much more reliable. It may be available in your area.

0 Kudos