cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone rings once then stops

Muz355
Tuning in

My phone rings only once and then stops. This is the 3rd house phone I have used and it is still the same for all three phones purchased. I've tested by ringing the number with my mobile phone and if I can answer the phone quick enough it works normally. I believe this is a line fault. I've tried phoning Virgin several times (with the home phone too as well as mobile) and have not been able to get through. Please help. Thanks. 

17 REPLIES 17

The last phone used is 20 years old. The two other phones (1 panasonic and other BT) both cordless behave same way.

Can you check if I have any services like that active? I shouldn't have as I normally use the answering machines that come with the phones themselves. 

Ta

Since we are discussing your account features I'mm send you a PM

Cheers,

Corey C

-

Still the same. Sorry, I didn't expect it to change. Tested again with 2 phones. Please help.

Hi Muz355,

Thank you for coming back to us I am sorry to hear you are still having the same issue, I have checked again and the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) is still present, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Description:533:Low SNR / High UCER on C14B/1-1A1A - Critical Alarms - Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working on this.

Priority:P4

Remedy Number:F008709436

Status:  We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way

Date Open:04 JAN 2021 14:27

Estimated end date:19 JAN 2021 16:00

Kind regards

Paul.

Has anyone looked into this yet? My phone still does the same thing? Isn't an engineer supposed to check things over? Do you realise how long my line has been like this???? Pretty much since I obtained Virgin broadband, TV and phone. 2 out of 3?!... I should be refunded all the payments I've made to this service that is non-existent. A.d as for all the missed calls? Come on Virgin, sort it out!!

Finally Fixed.
Engineer had to be called out.
Replaced the Virgin face plate on the port of my phone line which was faulty. Thank you.

Thanks for letting us know that this has now been sorted @Muz355 and apologies that it took so long to get resolved.

Regards

Steven_L