cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone rings once then stops

Muz355
Tuning in

My phone rings only once and then stops. This is the 3rd house phone I have used and it is still the same for all three phones purchased. I've tested by ringing the number with my mobile phone and if I can answer the phone quick enough it works normally. I believe this is a line fault. I've tried phoning Virgin several times (with the home phone too as well as mobile) and have not been able to get through. Please help. Thanks. 

17 REPLIES 17

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Muz355,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to contact us to report your phone not working.

I have had a look our end and can see there is a area issue which is a SNR (signal to noise ratio) this shouldn't effect the phone but may do, details below.

Description:533:Low SNR / High UCER on C14B/1-1A1A - Critical Alarms - Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are present.

Priority:P4

Remedy Number:F008709436  

Status: We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way

Date Open:04 JAN 2021 14:27

Estimated end date:11 JAN 2021 14:30

Please give it until this has been resolved, if you are still having issues afterwards we will look back into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

Hi

Still the same – rings once only then hangs up. Did engineer take a look?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply and update, Muz355,

Sorry to hear this is still occurring, we can get the number of rings extended for you or are you wanting to switch off the answering service entirely?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi

Please extend number of rings. I missed another phone call today! 20 rings (or whatever max quota), sometimes I struggle to reach the phone on time!

Thank you 

Thanks for replying, Muz355,

The maximum possible is 10 rings, This has now been updated for you, please allow 24 to fully process.

Cheers,

Corey C

Corey it states on virgin media to contact if you would like withheld or unavailable calls barred well I have contacted and non the wiser 

Apologies for the delayed response, Anne140,

Do you mean directory help found here? Yes, we can help. From your other post it does look like you have called in already. No need to reply further on this thread.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi 

Still no joy! I have three different phones and they all do the same thing – ring once and then hang up on caller...

I've actually been paying for this for months now, its a bit embarrassing on Virgins behalf. Please can you rectify as soon as possible

Thanks

Thanks for replying and the update, Muz355,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing however having a look at the switch is showing updated to 10 rings. I'll attempt another reset, are there any 3rd party call-screening or answering services/machines being used?

Cheers,

Corey C