Menu
Highlighted
AHK68
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone rings but no-one there

After a bit of advice please

When someone calls my landline the phone rings but when I answer there is no-one there, no connection at all - I thought it was the phone as it was pretty old, so just bought a new one and same again - nothing! Ive used my mobile to ring the landline and the landline rings but when you answer there is no connection and you can hear on the mobile that it’s still ringing and not connected at all. 

Ive checked my connection online with virgin and that says it’s ok - Any ideas?  

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone rings but no-one there

Hi

This exact same problem happened to one of my friends whose on BT, it turned out that there was a fault with line at the street cabinet.

If you have inclusive minutes on your mobile call 03454541111 and report a fault. If you do not have inclusive minutes call 08001831234 and select option 4 then option 2 which will put you through to customer services and this is a free call.

AHK68
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering I will get on to them about it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Elvee_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Nick.

Thanks for visiting the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your phone issue. Since the phone number to ring was given, you can also use this link to check your service status.Click here.

Let us know if it helps.

^elvee_O

0 Kudos