cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Mondo9
Joining in

Hi, I joined today and would appreciate confirmation that my number with my previous supplier is in the progress of being ported over. 

9 REPLIES 9

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mondo9,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I am more than happy to look into this for you. 

I have located your account and will just need to Private Message you to pass some data protection.

^Martin

Mondo9
Joining in

I set up my equipment yesterday. On signing up I requested that I keep my old number with TalkTalk. Can you please confirm that this is being carried out and estimate of date of transfer.

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mondo9 Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, it is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

Your original post yesterday was replied to by one of the forum team, did you not receive a Private Message from them?

My setup: VM TV 360 box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did get a response, he asked security questions and didn't get back to me with, that was yesterday evening. So   I resent it as it looks like it dropped off his radar.. Perhaps you can look into it as there is long wait on the phones.

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mondo9 wrote:

I did get a response, he asked security questions and didn't get back to me with, that was yesterday evening. So   I resent it as it looks like it dropped off his radar.. Perhaps you can look into it as there is long wait on the phones.

@Mondo9 I can't look into it as I don't work for VM.  I would also suggest that if you want immediate responses to your questions you are better to call in, despite the long waits.  The team here are IMHO usually better than the call centre staff, but they can take a little longer to respond.

I can however tag the @ModTeam and ask if @Martin_N is on shift today and able to respond to your PM.  If not can someone else please respond to your PM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes go ahead and see what you can do.

Thanks

Hi Mondo9, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were unaware of the porting process leaving you with questions. 

I can see you have replied to Martin's private message requesting some information. He will be back in touch with you soon to discuss things further. 

If you have any further queries or questions, just pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I phoned and sorted it out

Thanks

Hi Mondo9,

Thank you for confirming that for us. 

My apologies for the delayed response. This isn't an instant message service and so there can be delays between response. 

^Martin