cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone nowhere near hub how do Virgin suggest to resolve

Baz8755
On our wavelength

The cable comes into my house behind my Tivo box in the lounge, it is also split to go up to the router in my upstairs back room.

My phone base is in the downstairs hallway on the other side of the house, I do not wish any further cables tacked around the whole length of my house to accomodate this change that Virgin are forcing me to have for what as far as I am concerned is a lesser service (not usable during power outage).

So how do I get Virgin to go about repairing this situation that is entirely of their own making?

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Baz8755,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can certainly understand your concerns about migrating our services from the traditional copper to via our fibre network.

The whole of the UK telecoms industry has committed to providing all telephone services via data connections by 2025 aligning with the government's plans for this to be completed.

We have a huge source of information about the changeover and this can be found on the forum page here, including information about battery backups for lines during power cuts, which will be available for our elderly, vulnerable and disabled customers, to ensure that they always have a phoneline connected, so that the emergency services can be called at all times.

If you have to relocate your handset, we can get a technician arranged who will discreetly re-wire the phone socket so it is closer to your router if this is what you require.

kind regards Jodi. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Jodi_S 2025 may still be the key date but BT have announced they are putting things on hold for the moment - they have not said if that will push the 2025 date further into the future

do VM have a take on this or are they ignoring the evidence put forward that this change has not been fully thought out

https://newsroom.bt.com/were-pausing-our-digital-voice-plans-for-consumers-while-we-work-on-a-more-r...

Tony.
Sacked VIP

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

BT are postponing the changeover for many users in areas with poor broadband and/or mobile service, so that they can resolve the issues described. But they still intend to finish the programme within the government mandate of 2025.  OFCOM still expect them to finish on time.

As the link you posted says,

"It’s not just BT customers who will need to make these changes, all home phone users, with any provider, will need to move to a digital system before 2025. At BT, we have 10 million customers to upgrade by then."

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.