cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

andym0772
Tuning in

So my house phone will only call virgin media what ever No i ring. Turns out it now needs to go over the broadband and all i need is an adaptor. They've book an engineer to come out and fit it. Really!! Surely this is over kill and all VM need to do is send me the adaptor. I did ask twice but it seemed to get ignored. So can someone point me in the right direction to get the adaptor sent rather than waiting a week without a phone and then 4 hours for the engineer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @andym0772, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with your landline not calling other numbers. As you have mentioned the team have identified that this is due to the home phone switchover sending an engineer to fit the adapter would be the best resolution for this.

The adapters are currently only sent out with engineers to fit them so they can ensure the service is working in full. I'm sure the team would've provided the earliest possible date for this visit to take place. If there are any cancellations which result in an earlier slot becoming available the team will contact you. 

In the meantime you can view your appointment via your online account here as well as make any changes or cancel in case something comes up on the day you are scheduled in for.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @andym0772, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are having issues with your landline not calling other numbers. As you have mentioned the team have identified that this is due to the home phone switchover sending an engineer to fit the adapter would be the best resolution for this.

The adapters are currently only sent out with engineers to fit them so they can ensure the service is working in full. I'm sure the team would've provided the earliest possible date for this visit to take place. If there are any cancellations which result in an earlier slot becoming available the team will contact you. 

In the meantime you can view your appointment via your online account here as well as make any changes or cancel in case something comes up on the day you are scheduled in for.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hello again

This issue is all on VM. No letter or email to tell me im moving onto the new phone setup. Just me investigating the fault. Not only that i don't have a hub3 i still have the hub 2 which cant do the phone over broadband. Ive asked if they can just send the hub and adaptor but No i need to wait for the engineer. VM the engineer best have a new hub when they turn up.

I'm sorry you have not had any notification of this, the team would've sent information of this to the contact details we have registered on your account. If the engineer have not been informed that they are coming to replace the hub there is no guarantee they will have one available. It is certainly worth asking if they have when they arrive though.

I can see you have contacted the team since your last response so please let me know if you need any further help on our end with this.

Im sorry Nathan. But this is typical VM. When you say “the engineer may not have a hub as he may not have been told but it would be a good idea to ask when he turns up”. That just makes it worse. I have asked them to ensure he does have one as that is the friggin reason it cant be connected because we don't have a hub3. The answer was he should have one hopefully. VM can standby if he doesn’t as i have ticked the boxes and crossed the T’s where as VM have planned nothing, changed everything and provided nothing. Don't dare turn up with nothing and then say i need to book another day. Ps the engineer is booked on the 2/6 which is the same day as my contract ends!!! I apologise if im coming across annoyed. Its because I am. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi andym0772, 

Thank you for your reply and apologise for any frustration caused . 

Our technician do tend to have a variety of out equipment on board and if a replacement is required, they should be able to assist. If by chance they don't have the Hub, they will be able to source one for you.

Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Thank you 

Nat

Good morning. Can you explain to me what i need to do now please. Do i still need an engineer to visit and have a new router fitted and move the phone to the broadband or do i leave it working as it is. This morning my phone worked incalls and outcalls on the landline on the copper line. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting back to us and letting us know you are no longer require the visit. 

I can arrange to have this cancelled for you but I will just need to confirm a few details via private message.

I will pop this over to you now. 

Thanks 

Nat