cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working

panaka
Tuning in

Can't make or receive calls--either says 'busy' or line crackles then cuts off. Sometimes don't get a dial tone when lifting up receiver. Same thing happened a while back, engineer had to come out and fix the box up the road. Yet service status says 'no known issues'.

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @panaka,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline service lately. Are you able to test another landline handset so we can narrow down whether it's equipment related or not?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, thanks. Unfortunately we don't have another phone to test the line. The symptoms are so similar to last time that I think it's more likely to be an external issue, but of course it could be our phone. It started just over a week ago.

Hi @panaka,

Thank you for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @panaka,

Thank you for reaching out to me via private message and providing some additional details to check over things further for you.

As discussed, I have arranged for an engineer visit for you to take a closer look at what's happening here. I can't confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for security reasons, but you can check this at your leisure via your My Virgin Media online account and reschedule it from there if needed too.

In the interim, if you or anyone in the property displays flu-like symptoms, tests positive for COVID, or is asked to self-isolate, please reschedule accordingly.

Be sure to let us know how the visit goes for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team