cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working on menu system

Terry51
Joining in

I have just moved and have been put on the router for my phone instead of the normal socket and since then my phone will not work when I call and have to go through menu systems to get to the department required the tones are not recognised does anyone else have this what can I do about it I have tried to get back to the wall socket but they say I cant

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Terry51

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion with the phoneline. You have been migrated to our new 21CV service, whereby your phone is co-located via the hub. We would not be able to move you back to the old version or phone socket. What happens when you try and use the phone please? Are you getting any error messages? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No I dont get anything it just like it is ignoring the buttons and repeats the menu there is one place I call quite regular that say no selection has been made and then repeats the menu.

Thanks for coming back to me. Is this on the handset itself you mean? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sorry I dont understand what you mean

I make a call its auto answered press 1 for this and 2 for that I make the selection but that selection is not recognised so it repeats the menu

Is that on every call or just to us? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

its on every call to company's with auto answer menu systems but yours as yours is the only one it works on

Thanks Terry, it's been raised with our faults management team, they'll come back to you within 48 hours. Best

John_GS
Forum Team

ok thank you for your help I will await a reply from them