Menu
BillOG
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone not working after using ring back

I made a phone call from my landline yesterday at 6pm, it was engaged, so I followed the ring back option. The phone never rang back. An hour or so later I was going to make another call but couldn't get a ring tone. I rang my landline with my mobile to check any issues and my landline was giving the engaged tone constantly.

So, I cant get a ring tone to dial out, and I cant receive calls as my phone line seems to be stuck on busy / engaged. I've left it till today, 16 hours later, it is still the same. So, I've unplugged my handset for an hour (whilst unplugged it still gave the engaged tone), plugged it back in, still the same. I've ran a line check and there are no issues, the handset works elsewhere so no issues there.

I'm currently isolating so cant have an engineer round and I'm worried that I'm been charged since 6pm last night !!

Can you please reset the line from your end and check I haven't incurred any excessive charges. I'm pretty desperate here so any help at all would be fantastic !! thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone not working after using ring back

Hi BillOG,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the phone line issues. Having ran some checks it would be an engineer visit. We would need to arrange this for the best time for you based on what you've told us.

I'll PM you now to arrange

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos