cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working after Hub5 installation

Clockwatcher
Tuning in

I’ve seen similar posts re this issue from December last year but was unsure if the general problem had been resolved fully by VM given a couple of months have passed since then.

I was invited last week to opt in on a Hub5 which arrived today. Installation was fairly straightforward and broadband and TV set up without issue.  However, I then discovered the home phone wasn’t working. I originally had the Hub3 and my phone was connected directly to that.

I have tried a reboot and cable reconnection but no joy. Is there an easy fix known for this or do I need to get on to VM to sort?

26 REPLIES 26

I would advise keeping hold of it for now unless asked for.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks. Will do.

Colax
Dialled in

Having the same issue here, was given the Hub 5 and connected it yesterday, and had no phoneline. Called 151 and was advised we need an engineer as (by the rather accusatory tone I received) I've obviously done something incorrect.

Roll around to this morning and I find this thread, only find other people with the same issue, that the Hub 5 doesn't even support landline calling!

So I pop on the phone, finally get through to someone who says the Hub 5 is great, and I can't use my Hub 3 anymore and he can only enable it to work until the engineer comes to install the Hub 5 for me correctly.

Can anyone help me before the engineer comes and wastes his time and possibly charges me £25 because of there being no issue except the Hub 5 is a half finished product?

Hi @Colax, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of the confusion here and your loss of landline following Hub 5 activation.
I've checked things over for you just now, and it would appear that you have got everything sorted regarding this?

Please let me know if you need any further help however and I'll happily assist.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I'm still awaiting a private message reply from Paul. I sent him my details yesterday morning as requested and have had no replies.

Afternoon Tom, I'm not sure to be honest with you.

The fella on the phone told me the Hub 3 will only work "a short time" and is no longer registered to my account and I need to put the Hub 5 back or I won't have service. I explained to him what I had read on the Forum, what the Forum Teams have said about the Hub 5 not having the phoneline feature enabled, but he didn't believe me or care to listen, one of the two.

Can you let me know if I can keep using this Hub 3 that is currently connected to my coax for the foreseeable future until the Hub 5 has the phoneline feature implemented, and that my internet and phoneline isn't going to spontaneously vanish unless I reconnect the Hub 5?

Hi @Colax, thanks a lot for your reply.

I'm sorry that you were told this, it's not true - the Hub 3 has been correctly re-paired back to your services so unless you unplug your Hub 3 and re-plug in your Hub 5, there's no way of the system automatically switching them back over thankfully!
I'll feed this back for you but please me know if you've got any further queries, apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this helps.

Also @The_Preacher it looks like we've responded to you a short while ago just after your message, please check your PM's for this 🙂

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for the help Tom, I appreciate the reassurances.

Have yourself a good weekend.

Hi @Colax, thanks for your reply and well wishes.

That's no problem at all!

Take care.

Tom_W

I have responded to the pm. Re set back up my hub 3 awaiting re activation.