cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working after Hub5 installation

Clockwatcher
Tuning in

I’ve seen similar posts re this issue from December last year but was unsure if the general problem had been resolved fully by VM given a couple of months have passed since then.

I was invited last week to opt in on a Hub5 which arrived today. Installation was fairly straightforward and broadband and TV set up without issue.  However, I then discovered the home phone wasn’t working. I originally had the Hub3 and my phone was connected directly to that.

I have tried a reboot and cable reconnection but no joy. Is there an easy fix known for this or do I need to get on to VM to sort?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Clockwatcher,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have upgraded to our Hub 5.0 which has stopped the phoneline working due to it not currently supporting it, I did try to locate your services on our system however wasn't able with the details we have for you, I will be happy to help and put your original Router back on for you if you still have it, so I can help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub5 doesn't work with voip, you will need to either go without or revert back to the hub 3

Thanks jb66. I was hoping that was not going to be the case but guessed it would be. Back to hub3 I go!

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Clockwatcher,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you have upgraded to our Hub 5.0 which has stopped the phoneline working due to it not currently supporting it, I did try to locate your services on our system however wasn't able with the details we have for you, I will be happy to help and put your original Router back on for you if you still have it, so I can help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Clockwatcher,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, we are sorry the Hub 5.0 wasn't compatible right now with your phone line, I have now changed you back to the Hub 3.0, once the light is white please connect the phone back and try to make a call, if you have any issues please feel free to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Hi I also Just received my Hub 5 yesterday, Followed the installation instructions and sent the GO text to activate it, however today i noticed my phone line does not connect to it.

What steps do I need to do in order to fix this? (re instating my previous hub would be one I imagine) and secondly why on earth did i receive an upgraded HUB that doesn't work? Will it work in the future, will i be able to keep the HUB 5 on me and be informed of a future update that does make it work?

I mean it has 2 Tel ports on the back of it for a reason surely?

Hi The_Preacher,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you have also been upgraded to our Hub 5.0 and your phoneline no longer works, this is something we are working on and we will advise when resolved, in the meantime I will be happy to put your previous Router back online, do you still have it?

Regards

Paul.

Yes I still have it, I just boxed it up ready to post, so im glad i noticed the phone issues this morning. I'd be super grateful if you could assist me in setting it back up. Shall I just go ahead and Plug it all back in now? and then you can re activate it?

Hey,

I will be more than happy to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to start.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, the hub 3 seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help with that.

Just to confirm should I repackage the hub 5 and return it in its original box?

Thanks