cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not ringing when plugged into hub

Erk1
Joining in

I have followed the instructions to plug my landline phone directly into my hub on switch over day.

I have a dial tone and I am able to ring out and call other phones. 

However, when someone calls the landline it does not ring.

I have tried with two different phones and no luck. I also rebooted my hub too.

When I phoned Virgin for help, the lady on the other end of the phone wanted to do some checks on the line. (I had already been on the website to see that there were no issues)

She then wanted me to try calling it again- it still didn't work. She then confused me terribly and said that my phone needed to be plugged into a wall socket and my hub for her to check and for it to work?? This did not make sense to me. 

I haven't got or can't see a suitable wall socket for the phone. (I moved in to the house in March) Do I need a phone socket or should my home phone work through my hub? I assume the "day of the switch over" has already happened-especially as I can use my phone to call out when plugged into the hub only. 

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Erk1, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the landline in the Virgin Media hub.
I will investigate this matter further from my end, I will send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs