cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone no dial tone

Kath71
Joining in

Was working this morning (received and made call), but not working for last few hours have no dial tone on either of my landline phones. Have checked phone connections etc. Service status was green earlier today, but currently page is not working so unable to check on current status. Is there a fault in my area had no internet and emails this morning either but are now are only working intermittently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kath71

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear about your landline issues. I have checked and can see that there is unfortunately an area outage affecting the landline service at this time. 

You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. The estimated end date is today 25/07/2022 at 18:25 this evening. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues after this time and we'll investigate this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Kath71

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear about your landline issues. I have checked and can see that there is unfortunately an area outage affecting the landline service at this time. 

You might find that your Virgin Phone service isn't working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. The estimated end date is today 25/07/2022 at 18:25 this evening. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues after this time and we'll investigate this further. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi It is now gone19.00 hours and still no phone. Any updates as rely on phone as main means of communication. Also will I be compensated for loss of service?

Hi @Kath71

The outage is closed as fixed at our side now. Sorry to hear this has not resolved for you on your service. Please try powering off your handset and powering back on if able. 

Do you have a dial tone at all? 

Can you confirm how many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Line is still dead.

Okay, 

So you have no dial tone at all. 

Can you confirm how many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

Did following the steps I provided above change the dial tone at all?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Have 2 corded landline phones. There is no sound coming out of either of them.

As said in first message the phones were working this morning (received and made call).

Yes, I understand that the service was working this morning. There was an outage which was the most likely cause of the phone not working as the outage was identified and opened today at 2pm. But this has now been resolved and fixed at our side. It could be that you service has not returned from this fix. 

We'll need an engineer to attend to look to resolve this for you if the steps have not helped in resolving the issue. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi URGENT nobody got back to me about my phone. Left address last night but no reply. Still have no phone. Rely on it for main means of communication.