cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line via hub

Chedington
Joining in

I had a visit from an engineer on Sunday to install external wiring for the connection phone to hub, but he was unable to complete the work as he was not allocated enough time.  A new appointment was made by him  for today, Wednesday 23rd February, ( he spoke to his manager to discuss the best way to carry out the route) but no one arrived and Virgin have no record of this appointment.  So I have wasted two days waiting. I cannot get any sense out of the call centre, as they apparently  do not know who visits which property. If they did, he would be able to confirm the agreement.

Is there another avenue I could pursue ?  The call centre people promise to investigate, but never call back.  I am concerned that future appointments will not be honoured.

7 REPLIES 7

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Chedington,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am so sorry for the delay with getting this completed.

Can you see a new appointment on your account at the moment? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, i have discovered a new date, but this has not been relayed to me by phone, post, or e-mail.

I would like the agreed appointment for today kept and not have to wait another week with the inconvenient temporary connection in place.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Chedington

I am sorry that you are not happy with the current date, unfortunately after checking the system I am unable to change it. This is the earliest date we can send someone round to complete this.

Regards,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

What guarantee do I have that anyone will arrive?  And will they have the time and necessary cabling and ladders to carry out the work-- unlike the last visit.

Would you please ensure that this is communicated to the relevant department so that they are fully aware of the job.   I do not want to waste yet another day.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Chedington,

I can see that the appointment is with a more senior tech, they have the notes of what needs doing. So everything should be completed for you as planned. I understand that this is not the date that you was waiting for, I am sorry for this.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

Despite your assurances,  the technician was not briefed on the work required and so I had to explain yet again.   A simple job  has resulted in 3 wasted days of my time.   Communication is very poor in VM.

Hi @Chedington,

I am very sorry to hear that you've faced some additional problems. Was the technician able to complete the work necessary during their visit, or do you require some further assistance?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!