cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line switch to fibre

jaybee192
On our wavelength

Due to be switched from phone line to fibre network on April 11.  Problem I have is that the cordless phone base unit is in my hall where the phone wall socket is and the VM hub is in an upstairs room. Both must remain where they are.  If the cable from the base unit needs to be plugged into the hub for the switchover, is this something that can be achieved by an engineer’s visit with the minimal amount of disruption without lots of drilling through walls to redirect cables etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jaybee192 

Thanks for getting back in touch to let us know you no longer require the appointment. Glad to hear that you have arranged this now through WhatsApp. You should receive your adapter through the post 2 weeks before your area migrates over to the IP phone service. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

To solve, move the main base using of the cordless phone to the Hub and the 2nd base unit + handset can go into the hall.

The main base unit controls various settings including setting the answerphone on & off and listening to any messages so that is why it needs to remain in the hall rather than being moved upstairs where it would be inconvenient to manage the answerphone.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jaybee192 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Thanks for getting in touch. We can request engineer to come and rewire the cabling, this could involve drilling and disruptions depending on the work needed to complete this request. 

If you are happy for me to go ahead and request this and are happy for the works to take place to complete the requested rewire. Please join me on private message where we can locate the account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jaybee192 

Thanks for getting back in touch to let us know you no longer require the appointment. Glad to hear that you have arranged this now through WhatsApp. You should receive your adapter through the post 2 weeks before your area migrates over to the IP phone service. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley