cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line switch to fibre network

rgeast
On our wavelength

We're due to be switched to the fibre network in June. We make extensive use of our current landline and have four phone sockets around the house, one of which is in the same room as our VM Hub. How will the other phones be connected under the new arrangements?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey rgeast, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're glad to best advise on this, please visit our page here to find all the info and FAQs on our home phone switch over and the landline service migration to fibre optics.

We can provide a free appointment from an engineer in case we'd need to relocate any equipment due to this change, have any devices to link to the line (alarms, telehealth etc) or you're using extension sockets that need set up.

From what's advised on your above post, we believe you'd need 3 extension sockets set up and the one close to the hub can be left unused as you can plug the handset on our hub instead.

Please, do have a read and let us know if you want us to assist by arranging this for you.

We'll be here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey rgeast, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're glad to best advise on this, please visit our page here to find all the info and FAQs on our home phone switch over and the landline service migration to fibre optics.

We can provide a free appointment from an engineer in case we'd need to relocate any equipment due to this change, have any devices to link to the line (alarms, telehealth etc) or you're using extension sockets that need set up.

From what's advised on your above post, we believe you'd need 3 extension sockets set up and the one close to the hub can be left unused as you can plug the handset on our hub instead.

Please, do have a read and let us know if you want us to assist by arranging this for you.

We'll be here to help.

Adri
Forum Team

rgeast
On our wavelength

I believe I will need an engineer's visit, as you suggest. How do I arrange this?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey rgeast, thanks for confirming!

I'll be more than happy to assist with this, I will send you a PM here soon to arrange things.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a purple envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team