Menu
MattTheBadger
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Phone line problems

Hi everyone - I’ve got a landline as part of my package which isn’t working at the moment. There’s no dial-tone, and when someone rings it goes to voice-mail without ringing at this end. We’ve replaced the handset so know that’s not the problem.

Getting through to Virgin in any capacity feels completely impossible at the moment. So I’m hoping either for a suggested fix, or a great way of getting through to Virgin without my blood-pressure skyrocketing

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line problems

If you have tested with another phone then it sounds like you need a technician to visit and fix the issue.

It is not impossible to get through to VM but it is challenging during the current crisis as are many other aspects of life right now.  Calling them at around 8am on weekdays seems to be the best way to get through.

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Last time I had an issue with my landline I went to the service status page:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

From there I ran the phone test and was given an option to book a tech visit online.  Anecdotal evidence on the forum suggest that this may not work now, but worth a try.

Or you can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread, which usually also takes a few days and they can help you book a tech visit.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MattTheBadger
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott - thanks so much, that’s incredibly helpful. I’ll give it a couple more days for one of the forum team to get to this and then try the text service. Really appreciate the response - top man. 👍

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there @MattTheBadger, sorry to hear about your no dial tone for your landline. I've checked your details and can see some issues so have arranged for an engineer to take a look. You can find the details via your online account where you'll also be able to re-arrange it to a different date and please let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
MattTheBadger
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa - I’ve had an appointment time texted to me but the time doesn’t work. There’s no way of changing the appointment time on my account dashboard as suggested. Can you advise how to proceed please?

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MattTheBadger,

Thanks for replying and apologies for the delayed response. Our records show that you have been in touch since your post, are you still needing the time changed? You can also view and change appointments here 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
MattTheBadger
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey - no, it’s sorted now thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying and confirming, MattTheBadger. Glad to hear it's sorted now.

0 Kudos
MattTheBadger
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey - no, it’s sorted now thanks.

0 Kudos