Menu
Highlighted
HampshireHog13
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone line not working

Phone appears to be working normally. Dial an outside line, phone dials the number, seems to connect to the called number. My phone display even shows the identity of the number i've dialled, and then proceeds to show the time duration of the call on the display. There is NO connection however and it's driving me mad. done the on line test and it sticks at 99%!!!!!!!!!. tried dialling the help line on 150 from my mobile. However I've got such a bad mobile signal the conversation keeps dropping out.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Phone line not working

Hi HampshireHog13,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happening.

I have checked your line and I can confirm that it's currently being affected by a fault in the area so be resolved soon.

You can keep up to date with faults and fix times on our service status checker here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused during the loss of service.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
HampshireHog13
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up Rose. Any idea on time scale for resolution of fault.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi HampshireHog13,

Thanks for your reply.  I have taken a look and the latest estimated fix time is set for 7.50pm tonight.  Our engineers are working hard to restore service as soon as they can.  

Keep an eye on our status page that Rose has given to check for updates.

If you need anything further, give us a shout.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
HampshireHog13
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for the info. Phone didn't come back until this morning, but it is now working.

I did ask to be kept up to date via Text but that didn't happen.

The biggest problem I've got is trying to contact Virgin with my Virgin Mobile when our landline has a fault because of the incredibly poor mobile reception in this area. Very frustrating.

TV, Phone & internet all working fine as of now.

0 Kudos
Sooty
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We have a poor mobile signal here too. I gave up on Virgin Mobile and moved to EE where I can use wifi calling for free (it uses your mobile phone call allowances). It works really well, provided your broadband is ok...which to be fair to VM, it has been. The other advantage to EE is that you can set up a 'Hotspot' from your mobile for iPads etc., something V mobile doesn't allow.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi HampshireHog13

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us about this, I'm glad to hear that the line is now working as it should. 

Apologies again for the inconvenience you've been experiencing, we'll be here should you need any assistance or support with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
liamw90
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Earlier this morning, there was a short power outage in our area for around 5 minutes.

Once the power had been restored, within about 5 minutes, our phone rang but when we picked it up there was nobody on the other end.

Now we have no dial tone or anything. It's as if someone on the other end of the phone line hadn't hung up properly.

There is no known faults according to your website.

Can you check for me please.

Area code 01

Wigan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi LIamw90, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're having some issues with your landline, I can appreciate you're keen to know what's going on. 

Have we updated to confirm any issues here

If not then please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 on any other phone and our team can run some tests and see what's going on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
liamw90
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C wrote:

Hi LIamw90, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that you're having some issues with your landline, I can appreciate you're keen to know what's going on. 

Have we updated to confirm any issues here

If not then please give us a call on 0345 454 1111 on any other phone and our team can run some tests and see what's going on. 

Hi, 

There's an engineer coming out tomorrow to have a look at the line.

However, it has rang twice in the last hour, but when I pick up the receiver, there is no one on the other end. 

Its like someone is prank calling us then not hanging up, but when I go to dial 1471 for last caller, I then get no dial tone, just silence.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks

0 Kudos