cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line not working in SW20 - two households

brisew
Tuning in

Hi there - 

Our home phone (plugged into a standard telephone socket) is no longer able to dial out or receive calls. This is the same for our immediate next door neighbour as well. It states that there are no problems in our area but is seems unlikely as we both have the same problem. 

Unable to report as the Help website gets caught in a loop and there's no procedure to check the line. 

10 REPLIES 10

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @brisew

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the phone line.

I have taken a look at things from our end and there are no current outages showing for your area.

Are you able to try a different handset please if possible?

Do you have no dial tone?

Do you have more than one handset? 

Please pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have the same problem. Reported yesterday engineer coming Tuesday. SW20 9 area

Hi @ms55,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing some similar issues. Please let us know how Tuesday's visit goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No dial tone and we don’t have a different hand set to try at the moment… same next door I believe too! 

Seems odd that now three households in the same area have the same problem 

Hi @brisew,

Thank you for expanding. I've checked on our systems again today in case there have been any updates since you spoke with my colleague yesterday, and there's still nothing appearing to show this is an area impacting fault. If you have neighbours reporting the same issue, please ask for them to contact us so we can check things for them.

In the meantime, so I can look closer into the issues you're having, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @brisew,

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly via private message. As discussed, I've arranged for a technician visit to come and take a closer look at what's happening.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Will do and will advise on the thread what the outcome was 

So the long and short was that a technician wasn't needed to the home because a local area fault had indeed been detected (although this didn't show up on the usual systems) and was rectified over the weekend.