Menu
Highlighted
jpoflondon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone line installation

I have had a fault with phone line that engineer couldn't fix so another appointment booked for Wednesday (23/1/18) for him to fit a new access point.

My understanding is that he will just put this at the nearest point of access which is by the front door in hallway.

However i want the phone line accessible from the same 4 points throughout the house that i have used for the last 15 years that i have been a Virgin customer.

Further more i see new installations go to wherever we request unless the engineer spots an issue or specific reason they can't.

Is there any reason why i shouldn't be able to retain these points?

Engineer did state the the crackling line issue I have cannot be fixed as i have  old BT wiring that has gone faulty and as he does not understand BT wiring he  can't fix. ( i would have though at least some of Virgins engineers would understand BT wiring). He also cannot identify the master socket.

Can anyone help manage my expectations please?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line installation

Unless you are in a block of flats or appartments with a communal internal wiring system, VM should not be touching any BT infrastructure. All the wiring & sockets should be seperate.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line installation

Hi there jpoflondon, 

Thanks for your post - I was sorry to understand you had some issues with your landline. 

How did the visit go last week? Please do let us know if you need any further assistance from us here. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos