Menu
XtremeTi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone line down again

Having had an inconsistant and noisy line fixed a week and a half ago and working great until i noticed today it is not working properly.

There is no dialing tone, the phone rings when calling (used mobile) but when the phone is answered i can still hear the line ringing on the mobile and there is a faint ringing sound on land line phone. Attached a corded phone to the line and still the same.

Service Status page shows all green

Hope some one can help

Regards

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line down again

Hi

Sounds like a fault at the street cabinet. You should call Virgin Media on 03454541111 if you do not have inclusive minutes on your mobile call the sales line free on 08001831234 and select option 4 then option 2 which will put you through to customer service and faults.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi XtremeTi,

Sorry for the phoneline issue. How's things since posting? If still the same, please click the service page here and then when the page has loaded, enter your postcode and press search. This'll bring up any known area faults. If none showing, then please sign in to it, using your My Virgin Media online account log in details. Then run the fault test on the affected service. In this case it would be the phone line. 

If this doesn't fix it or shed any light on the issues, please try unplugging the landline for me, waiting about two minutes, and re-plugging it in. If this doesn't fix. is there any other phone you have that you can test the connection with?

If the above doesn't work, please let me know and I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
XtremeTi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Done all of the above that has been suggested, Test Results were inconclusive, line still the same.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My apologies. I'll now go ahead and send you a quick PM and I can help further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"