cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line damaged at junction box

DavidQ
Joining in

Dear Virgin Community Team,

For the past few weeks we've been having a lot of noise on the line when making calls on the landline. As of a few days ago we can't even get a dial tone, just a crackling noise from the handset.

Having purchased a new handset to check if that was the issue (the previous one was very old) the display on it advices that I "check phone line". It gives the same crackling noise with no dial tone when trying to make a call.

Following the cable around the outside of the house, it goes into a brown junction box along with the TV and internet cables. That junction box is in a sorry state - the plastic has perished in several places and there was a variety of dead wildlife inside. TV and Internet are working fine, but those connectors seem much more robust than the thin wires coming out of the phone cable. Only two of those wires are connected. The others are either broken or were never connected.

Would it be possible for the forum team to organise an engineer visit please?

Many thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DavidQ,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your landline. I will need to get a technician to come out and get this sorted. 

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm your details and schedule a visit.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for providing the details as requested via PM @DavidQ

I have arranged the first available technician appointment for you. For confirmation of the date and time, please sign into your online account. If unsuitable, feel free to re-schedule. 

Let me know how the visit goes 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs