cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line & Wifi

newengland
Tuning in

Hi, can I plug in my home phone to the Hub3 so I can make phone calls over my wifi? If I can what equipment do I need?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

No, the telephone socket on the back of the hub is for customers with a landline package with VM. The socket behaves like a normal telephone socket using a standard telephone. VM charge for phone calls as per their normal landline package.

The phone socket on the back of your VM hub may not be operational unless you are a new customer with a landline package or VM have switched you over from a conventional telephone wall socket to a phone connection via the hub.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi newengland, 

Thanks for your post and question regarding how to connect your phone to your hub. 

Whether it will work or not will depend on if your area has already been switched over to our new 21CV system. Looking at your account, this hasn't happened yet. 

When we are planning to switch the lines over, we will be in touch with you with plenty of notice. You will also receive an adapter if needed to be able to plug your handset into the back of your hub. 

For now, keep the handset plugged in to the wall socket to keep the service working. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs