Menu
Highlighted
cruger
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Phone land line dead and I need it for the weekend

I can't phone anyone as the landline is dead. Broadband and tv is fine. Service status says there is nothing wrong. The online 'run test' doesn't work. Does anyone know if there is an issue in area 21.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone land line dead and I need it for the weekend

If the service status is clear then it is your individual line or the equipment connected to it that has a fault. I would contact faults & report it. As you are on a residential service there is no fixed SLA to repair faults, so you will likely have a wait of several days from the time you report it to when a tech can attend.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
cruger
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nodsy, can you report a fault on the internet? 

I don't usually have much of a problem with Virgin except when it comes to negotiating a better deal every year but I guess we all face that.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@cruger wrote:

Thanks Nodsy, can you report a fault on the internet? 

I don't usually have much of a problem with Virgin except when it comes to negotiating a better deal every year but I guess we all face that.  

Nope, only via this forum, where you could be waiting a further week for a response from the fourm team. You can use online chat via the contact us link below, or if you have a Virgin Mobile you can still call 150 for free.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi cruger, 

Sorry for the phone line issues. How's things looking since posting?

Let me know if you need further assistance, regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

MahZ
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 21 as well and had this issue this morning, reported to Virgin in the afternoon and no faults found and booked an engineer to visit Tuesday. 

Turns out after a few hours later, the phones are back again!

cruger
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep area 21 up and running again. Turns out you can book an engineer, day & time on the Virgin website.

Once you get past the "check your service status" which is very temperamental and manage to perform a test on your equipment it moves on to booking an engineer. I booked one for Monday and the appointment came up on my login page. Once the phones were working I had a automated  phone call saying my phone was working. The next time I looked on my login page the engineers appointment was gone.

Thanks to everyone that responded.

Cheers

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi cruger

Thanks for messaging us. 

We are glad to see that it is now resolved and please let us know if anything changes? 

Kind Regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos