cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps 'hanging up' during conversation

Sandrah
Superfast

My landline phone keeps cutting off going back to a dialling tone during a conversation, it's been happening for quite a while now and googling it brings up faulty line filter, please advise. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Sandrah 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had this issue with your landline! Can I ask if this is plugged into your master socket or into the back of your Hub? 

If into the master socket how many other pieces of equipment are connected at this point? 

Have you been able to try another handset on this line? 

Thank you. 

Hi Thanks for replying, yes it's in my main phone socket, and no, I don't have another phone to try in it, it's been doing it for quite a while now, just cutting off in the middle of a conversation and going straight back to dialling tone, it's very annoying as you can imagine.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us Sandrah.

I have ran a check from our side and everything appears to be in working order. 

Ideally, we would like to check if it is an equipment issue but as you have advised, you are unable to do this due to not having another handset to test. Would you be able to check the cables leading to and from the equipment are secure and without damage. We would also recommend unplugging the equipment completely for a few moments and then popping it all back in. 

If this does not resolve the issue, please let us know and we will progress with further assistance. 

Thanks 

Nat

DO YOU MEAN TAKE THE PHONE OUT OF THE SOCKET AND PUT IT BACK IT'S ON THE BOTTOM OF MY SKIRTING BOARD, IT'S NOT AFFIXED TO ANYTHING ELSE sorry left caps on. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's okay.

Yes please, if you are able to check the connections it will help us to determine if the problem is being caused by a loose cable. 

Thank you 

Nat

The connections are fine just pulled out the phone plug [the little thing you squeeze together] [Junction box ??? and put it back in, that phone connection has been there for over 40 years,??? do you think it needs looking at,

Sandrah

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for checking Sandrah. 

We may require a visit from our technical to investigate further so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat