cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps “chirping” since plugged into router

bainbrij
On our wavelength

We recently got moved to having our phone plugged into the HUB5 and now it randomly “chirps” as if someone is ringing (just a single chirp) - I assume this could be related to the network dropping out but it’s really annoying (to the point we just mute the phone making it pointless having)

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bainbrij,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline connection after switching over to our new landline network.

Can you please tell us if this issue keeps happening if you un-plug and re-connect your landline?

Does this issue happen on a different landline handset as well?

Please try the above options and we'll be happy to investigate this issue further for you.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When plugged into the landline there is no dial tone but the phone does not chirp it had been plugged in for 2 years without an issue)

Turning the router on/off causes the issue to happen (it chirps several times when the router is restarting)

I don’t have another telephone to test with and don’t Intend on switching the handset as it has worked before and should not need to be changed especially as we have had to move to using the router at the request of virgin

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bainbrij,

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue and thank you for running these checks.

Sorry, when I asked if you're able to unplug and reconnect the landline, I meant if you can unplug your landline phone from the Hub and then reconnect to see if this can help with the issue.

Does your Hub re-start a lot throughout the day? Do you experience a lot of disconnections on different devices?

Let me know so I can help. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs