cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone fibre home

deerobo
Tuning in

We don’t and won’t use the landline.

if we cancel the landline on our package as don’t want the fibre upgrade, will our bill be reduced by the cost of the landline?

we only have broadband which we need for personal and when working from home

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you'd only save a few pound if anything if you cancel the landline.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you'd only save a few pound if anything if you cancel the landline.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @deerobo

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

The cost to downgrade to broadband only would depend on the discounts you currently receive for the package you have now and also what existing customer offers are available for a broadband only package.

The best thing to do would be to speak to our retentions team who can go through everything with you and advise on the best price they can offer for what you are looking for.

They can be reached onn150 from a Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks, I did try and call so will try again later

Thank you for the response @deerobo

The evenings do tend to get busy.

I would recommend to call as close to 8am as conveniently possible. 

Please do let us know how you get on. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

daidai
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I followed this advice and called retentions. I wanted to know the cost per month without the fibre phone service as it doesn’t meet my needs. They told me that my cost of service would increase by nearly £30 per month!  Note that the new cost would be £40 more per month than the Big Bundle. There was no discussion about costs reducing. Basically Virgin are changing my phone service, I no longer want that service but have to pay more without it. How is this right?

daidai
On our wavelength

Not so, I called retentions and they told me the price of my package without fibre phone would go up nearly £30 per month!

The only way they could get a lower monthly price was to remove the tv package and then it was only £5 less per month making the broadband 25% more expensive than what is offered to new customers. 

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the available package deals we have for you @daidai 

You will find that the ore services you have the more discounts are available and as such, it sometimes is cheaper to have more services than just one or two. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

daidai
On our wavelength

I do not want the new offering so I have to pay more not to have something I do not want?

that is bonkers. 

You would have to make a choice in what you would like to do with your services if there are no available deals that we can offer that are suitable for you. Our offers and deals do change regularly and if you have your marketing preference on for communication on promotions and offer, we'll be in touch with anything that might be beneficial to you. 

You can check your marketing preferences via your online account and click through on Account settings > Marketing preferences > Edit my preferences. From here you can choose whether you want to receive offers and communications. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley