cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't ring when called

Haggybear
Joining in

Hi, my mum switched to Virgin from bt few weeks ago, filled forms in online to keep same number 

Now there's is dial tone however when trying to ring the number it rings but the actual landline phone doesn't!

Is this a porting issue? 

Tia

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Haggybear, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am sorry to hear the issues which you mum is having, can you confirm if you have tried putting the phone in both the socket in the wall and also the hub and it has been confirm that both have no dial tone as she may be on 21CV via the hub ^Chris

She has dial tone to ring out and when you ring  the number it rings but the actual landline phone doesn't ring

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us. 

That does sound like it could be a porting issues. 

Are you able to pass DPA on your mothers behalf? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for reply Zak, I should be able to pass dpa on her behalf  

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem. 

I will pop you over a PM so that we can get some account information & we can go from there.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Haggybear
Joining in

@Haggybear wrote:

Hi, my mum switched to Virgin from bt few weeks ago, filled forms in online to keep same number 

Now there's is dial tone however when trying to ring the number it rings but the actual landline phone doesn't!

Is this a porting issue? 

Tia

@Haggybear wrote:

Is this a porting issue? 

Tia

Update: got a new Siemens e390a home phone and problem is sorted