cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone connection to hub

Lynandsteve3105
Joining in
  • Can you tell me what we have to do if we don’t want the phone connecting to the hub we hardly use the house phone and it is an old phone I am not going to have the expense of buying a new phone can we get the house phone disconnected because we are paying for a landline that we don’t use 
3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Lynandsteve3105, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and welcome to our community.

Please, kindly have a read here How to upgrade your virgin media home phone | Virgin Media Help for all that applies with our home phone migration process and all FAQ's.
In case you live in an area where this change is taking place currently, you will have received (or will shortly receive) our communication in regard to the migration of the area lines to fibre optics.

Should you not wish to migrate you simply need to get in touch with us and request to opt out, as you have the right to ask for the line to be disconnected without fees in this instance (migrating to fibre is not obligatory, however this change will take place for all UK networks by the end of 2025).
Can you please let us know if you've received any written communication (via letter or email) about this change and / or the adaptor to use for your landline to connect via the hub and what's the date we've advised the switch will take effect?

Glad to further assist where necessary, please let us know.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi yes we have had an email stating that we will have an adaptor delivered and the change will take place in may thanks 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Lynandsteve3105, thanks for this reply and for confirming.

In this case you could follow up on this communication and explain you do not wish to proceed to the line migration, we could also help you with changing your package by removing the landline to see how much it will be for you by keeping the rest of your services on with us (this can only be processed as a new contract deal as a change in services will occur, if this makes sense).

To enable us to help out with this process directly from this end, I will send you a private message here shortly.
Please, check the top right-hand side of your screen and you will find a purple envelope. Click on this and you will see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs