cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone charges for 0345 454 1111 number

ajcwestlondon
Tuning in

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could please advise regarding phone charges? Our landline telephone package is Talk Weekends and we recently contacted Virgin Media customer services after we were left feeling not very satisfied after an engineer visit.

We used our landline phone on a Tuesday evening and called 0345 454 1111 - after being on hold for a while, we were eventually able to speak to someone but then after a few minutes got cut off and weren't able to get through again, as we just got an automated message telling us we would need to call the next day after 8 am.

We now have a usage charge of £2.94 (£2.45 + VAT) on our next bill. I think we were assuming that if we called customer services from a Virgin Media phone, there would be no charge, but I'm now wondering whether 150 is always the free number and 0345 454 1111 is still chargeable if used outside the free hours of the package, i.e., outside the weekend.

The official website is, as ever, not that straightforward to navigate and I can't find a page where this is explicitly set out - would anyone be able to confirm?

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ajcwestlondon,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion regarding the call charges and contacting us.

What you've said is quite right, 150 would be free from a Virgin landline at any time.

The 0345 number would be charged at the normal rate if used outside of your talk plan.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ajcwestlondon,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry for any confusion regarding the call charges and contacting us.

What you've said is quite right, 150 would be free from a Virgin landline at any time.

The 0345 number would be charged at the normal rate if used outside of your talk plan.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex_RM, just to say many thanks for confirming, will remember to use 150 next time!

willowman15
Joining in

Hi, we have had the same problem. I phoned using 150 and was told if we get cut of use 03454541111 which we did and again thought it was free. 2 hours later being passed from pillar to post we now owe the £20 in call charges.