cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call charges when phone isn't even plugged in

RPG_ash
Tuning in

Hi,

We're getting phone call charges on our bill when we don't even have a phone plugged in.

Anybody from Virgin Media that can help please?

Thanks,

Ash

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Ilyas,

The engineer visit was just to prove if there was a problem with the phone line which would prove that I never made the calls (which there was so I couldn't have).

As for the phone line getting fixed, I'm not sure. It wasn't test from my end in my kit. Not sure if needed resolving in the cabinet outside now that the line is "digital"?

Either way, this will now hopefully stop any future calls beging made from a phone line that never has a phone plugged in.

Hopefully I will also see a credit for the call charges that were made.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply @RPG_ash. 🙂

I'm glad the root cause has been diagnosed, hopefully this will stop anymore issues continuing.
A credit wouldn't automatically happen from what I'm aware, have you reached out to my colleague to ask for a bill correction?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hey

Yes, Beth_G in a private message said as long as the engineer found a fault that is causing this issue, she would review the charges.

Thanks for getting back to us @RPG_ash.

Perfect, once she's reviewed everything, let us know how it goes, hopefully everything should be smooth from here to resolve this.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs