cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone cable extension to router

BigG65
Joining in

What cable do I need to get if I want to extend my phone cable from the router ?
is it a standard extension cable for phones 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying, BigG65. This sounds like your number with your previous provider deactivated before we could port it in, sorry for this however we can always give you a new one. About the cable to use for your phone, as advised above it's a plain telephone cable / extender you need to connect your handset with the landline service via the hub.

Please, visit this page for more info on the service change and tell us if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey BigG65, thanks for your post on our help forum today and a warm welcome to our community.

We're happy to advise and best assist with this, if you need to extend the cable that connects your landline to the back of the broadband hub this would be a longer, standard landline cable, however it may require an adaptor to be fitted at the back of your telephone port on the hub to get it plugged on.

Have you recently received any adaptors from us to use and do you know what's the date your service will be switched to landline via fibre optics based on the communication we've sent, if not done yet?
Also, visit here for all info in regard to this process and change. 
Have a read and let us know if you prefer a relocation of your phone or hub in this case? Or if you are using any extension sockets and additional devices and need an engineer to help you ensure tho correct set up?

Let us know of the above, happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

The phone and router are already in

I was waiting for our old service to finish and I thought the old phone number was being ported over, however I have now been told I have lost the old number hence me moving the phone today

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey BigG65, thanks for your response and for explaining this.

Sorry to hear you've been advised your phone number has been deactivated, was this due to missing the end date of the migration in your area?
If this change has completed and you did not request to go ahead within the timeframe, we'd remove the service completely as copper lines would seize to work too.

Do you have this info and is there anything more we could help you with?

Adri
Forum Team

The number finished today with Plusnet

No one came back to me about the change so I guessed it would just happen.

Still not sure what cable I can use as an extension 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying, BigG65. This sounds like your number with your previous provider deactivated before we could port it in, sorry for this however we can always give you a new one. About the cable to use for your phone, as advised above it's a plain telephone cable / extender you need to connect your handset with the landline service via the hub.

Please, visit this page for more info on the service change and tell us if you have more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

Adri-G

Thank you for your support got a extension lead and working well

Hi @BigG65,

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get things sorted.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with today.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!