cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone and hub are in different rooms?

Hanstmat
Tuning in

Hi,

Our hub is upstairs wired to the computer and then our landline phone is downstairs. The quick and easy guide says nothing about this and has no work around. I don't understand what was expected. The phone is fine as it is.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hanstmat

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding your landline and your Hub, just to clarify: are you refering to the switchover where your phone will be connected to your Hub? Can you clarify for me what issues you are experiencing so that I can assist further with this?

Many thanks,

Serena

@Serena_C 

It strikes me that what @Hanstmat is referring to is indeed the 21CV switchover, and in their case the current position of the phone is nowhere near where the hub is. What they want to know is what will happen in such a situation as the help guides don't seem to be very clear on that matter.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the clarification @jem101

Regarding the handset being located in a different room, we can book a technician for you @Hanstmat to arrange an extension for your phone. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can!

Best wishes,

Serena

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hanstmat wrote:

Hi,

Our hub is upstairs wired to the computer and then our landline phone is downstairs. The quick and easy guide says nothing about this and has no work around. I don't understand what was expected. The phone is fine as it is.

Thanks

“You will need to book a free technician visit if ……your phone & hub cannot be placed together”

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nodrogd

Thanks for the clarification! I have sent a private message to the original poster now to arrange a technician visit 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hanstmat, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Taking a look at things this end I can see the switch has taken place and the phone line is plugged in. 

Can you confirm if things are working from your end? It looks as though the engineer visit was cancelled as there was a fault in your area. Did you receive any notification of this? 

If you still need the engineer visit then please pop back and let us know so we can re-book the visit in for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good afternoon,

The phone line has been down for 3 weeks... which is damaging to a small business. We have cleared out the rooms in order to facilitate the engineer visit for today as you was scheduled to arrive between 8:00-13:00.

No one has mentioned any cancellation. 

Please re arrange this for later on today. 

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for coming back to us so quickly. 

I can only apologise if you were unaware of the cancellation. Whenever a fault is detected in the area, all visits are cancelled and a text is sent to the number on file. 

I have rearranged the engineer's appointment but there isn't an available slot for today I'm afraid. I have sent you a private message with the timeslot. 

Please let us know how it goes. Hopefully things will go smoothly and the landline is back up and running for you once the engineer completes their visit. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Hanstmat, 

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me via private message. 

I'm glad to hear things are all resolved for you now 🙂

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team