cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone alert device

donhay
On our wavelength

My elderly father is a VM subsciber and like a lot of us recently had his landline switched over to the fibre network.

He is particularly hard of hearing and unless he is sitting by the phone he often misses phone calls. At the moment he has a Powertel 46+ which has a loud ringer, but it is really not enough to alert him to an incoming call.

Is there a device that can be plugged into the line that flashes a bright light during an incoming call? There are lots about on the usual websites but I suspect most won't work on a fibre network.

Or perhaps someone could suggest a replacement phone that does the same thing?

12 REPLIES 12

I hope things improve for your father, donhay.

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

donhay
On our wavelength

Just to conclude this thread I bought the (bigger) unit that Steve1701 linked to here Audible-Telephone-Flashing-Adjustable-Ringing 

I plugged it in line to my Dad's hub and placed it on a shelf under his tv. Works well as a flashing light but I don't think the ringer is very loud.

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread.

Hi donhay 

Yeh, our Mikes wasn't very loud, but eventually, he didn't use the ringer, as, like yours, his light was positioned close to the TV, but his was sat on a small cabinet to the right. It could be seen very easily wherever you were in the room.

As a backup, he set the kitchen phone to high but managed with the light very well so all good.

(If nothing else he had no excuse for not answering the phone lol)

I'm glad you found something suitable and pleased I was able to help.

😁 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus