cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Service Change

Finnegan
Up to speed

We've received an email, letter and text saying our phone service will soon be changed to use a fibre network.  The letter claimed our hub would need to be replaced but the text and email said an adapter would be sent to us.  We have a 'master' phone in the hall as well as 2 extensions in different bedrooms and the hub is in another room (not near any of the phones).  The letter told us to call 150 if we needed a free technician to help us.  

I did this last night but had great trouble choosing an option to let me speak to someone.  However, I finally managed to speak someone who said she was having trouble with her system and kept putting me on hold.  After an hour or so she said it would be better if we ended the call and she would call me back within 30 minutes.  I'm still waiting on the call back almost 24 hours later!

My husband is nearly 80 and has medical issues and I'm not sure whether we need a new hub or just an adapter and how to get the phone in the hall connected to the hub without a wire trailing through the hall (the wire isn't long enough and would be a trip hazard anyway).  We would not want the master phone in the room that houses the hub.  

Can I please arrange here for some help from an engineer?

6 REPLIES 6

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Finnegan,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I have looked into this and can see that you have spoken to the team and that the agent that you spoke to has been able to arrange an appointment for you.

I would be able to confirm the date for you, if you haven't been advised of this you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven,

The engineer has just left us and our landline phone is now connected to our hub.  We've had to temporarily move the phone from the hall into the room the hub sits in and we've ordered an extension cable (isn't provided by VM) to enable us to run the wires under the carpets between the two.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Finnegan,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear it's all been resolved now barring the current location.

If you need anything else at all, please let us know.

Gareth_L

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Finnegan wrote:

Hi Steven,

The engineer has just left us and our landline phone is now connected to our hub.  We've had to temporarily move the phone from the hall into the room the hub sits in and we've ordered an extension cable (isn't provided by VM) to enable us to run the wires under the carpets between the two.

Thanks for your help.

VM should offer to re-connect your telephone extension sockets free of charge as part of the switchover process.

If you/your husband are nearly 80 and with medical issues, you should certainly not have to be doing DIY telephone wiring under carpets.

Hopefully the VM forum team will correct this mistake and arrange a technician visit to do this for you.

Hello again Finnegan,

Would you like me to take a look at an extension for you. We will be able to arrange a visit again to connect up the existing telephone socket.

Gareth_L 

Hi,

I have no idea why you have to order anything let alone an extension cable. The VM team/engineer should be doing all this for you including the proper fitting and routing of cabling from Hub to phone.

VM please confirm this will be sorted with no charges to the user.