cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone No Longer Ringing

Rick_
On our wavelength

I had an engineer out to replace our router but ever since then when our home phone rings, the handset doesn't make any noise. You only notice there's an incoming call if you happen to notice the text flashing on the small screen on the handset. I was wondering why we haven't had a phone call in a few days! I have unplugged and replugged the handset into the router but still no joy. I have tried the phone on the neighbours phoneline and it works fine so something isn't right with the router/phone line it seems.

17 REPLIES 17

Hi Rick_

Thanks for those details 

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available

This time it will be with a more senior engineer 
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

Rick_
On our wavelength
Hi Gareth

Starting to really lose patience with this now. The "more senior engineer" was the same guy we had out last week! He told me he isn't a senior engineer and there really aren't such things, the jobs all go into a pool and get assigned to engineers that morning, there are no "senior" ones to speak of.

I have had 4 engineer visits now, the first two ended up being with the same guy - Ben, and now the third and fourth ones were the same guy - Ryan! He couldn't fix the problem last week, so there was no point sending him out to me again! Ryan told me that he had contacted another department and referred it on to them and that I would get a phone call within 24 hours to let me know what was going on. Surprise surprise that hasn't happened, nor did it happen last week when he told me he was referring it on and I would get a guaranteed phone call within 24 hours! Still waiting on that one too!

I also got an e-mail from Virgin a few days ago saying the fault was now fixed and that I would receive an £8 credit for every day the fault lasted, but the fault hasn't been fixed - where did they get that information from?!

I am sorry for the situation Rick_,

Looking at the account it does like the engineer contacted us regarding the issue and it has been assigned to the team for investigation.

I appreciate this is frustrating, but I assure you it's being looked into.

Alex_Rm

Rick_
On our wavelength

Received a call on my mobile this morning from Virgin and the gentleman on the phone advised that they were going to do some tests and configuration checks on their end for the landline and if they didn't sort it then a 5th engineer would have to call out to do something, possibly a cable re-pull or something along those lines.

A short while later.... the landline rang! We then tried it from various mobiles to check and it rings every time now. So after almost 4 weeks the issue appears to now finally be fixed! Thankfully!

Thanks for coming back to us, Rick_

Glad to hear all sorted 🙂

Please do pop back if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Rick_
On our wavelength

Hi John

Thanks for your message. I wonder if you could clear something up for me. I received an e-mail from Virgin apologising for the loss of service and stating that we would be receiving an £8 credit per day for the loss of service. This fault was reported to you on 12th August (though it started before that) and was resolved yesterday, 6th September. So that's 25 days, and at £8 per day that works out at £200. Looking at the latest bill it appears we were credited for a single day of no service, so just £8. Can you check the account and confirm that we will be getting the proper credit amount applied? Thanks in advance.

Hey Rick_

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'll be happy to look into this for you now and send you a PM

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM @Rick_

Just to update the thread, the automatic compensation was sorted and also that the voicemail was turned off, 24 hour work order.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team