cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone No Longer Ringing

Rick_
On our wavelength

I had an engineer out to replace our router but ever since then when our home phone rings, the handset doesn't make any noise. You only notice there's an incoming call if you happen to notice the text flashing on the small screen on the handset. I was wondering why we haven't had a phone call in a few days! I have unplugged and replugged the handset into the router but still no joy. I have tried the phone on the neighbours phoneline and it works fine so something isn't right with the router/phone line it seems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rick_
On our wavelength

Received a call on my mobile this morning from Virgin and the gentleman on the phone advised that they were going to do some tests and configuration checks on their end for the landline and if they didn't sort it then a 5th engineer would have to call out to do something, possibly a cable re-pull or something along those lines.

A short while later.... the landline rang! We then tried it from various mobiles to check and it rings every time now. So after almost 4 weeks the issue appears to now finally be fixed! Thankfully!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Rick_ and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue with the phone not ringing when a call is incoming

Can you please try rebooting the hub and running a test call to see if this rings?

If this doesn't work, please attempt a pin hole reset on the hub and then run a test call for us to see if this can prompt the handset to ring.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Rick_
On our wavelength

Hi David

Thanks for your reply. I have rebooted the router and performed a pin reset of the router and unfortunately neither have fixed the problem.

Thanks for coming back to me @Rick_, we may need to have an engineer visit your property to have this resolved for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Rick_
On our wavelength
It's been over a week since we noticed this problem has been happening and we are still none the wiser despite having equipment changed and various phones tried on the line...

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, Rick_,

We'll get this chased up with the our landline support team for you.

Thanks,

Corey C

Rick_
On our wavelength
I got a phone call on my mobile around 8pm last night from a Manchester phone number and the guy said he was from Virgin Media and was calling about my landline. He tried calling the landline first and got no response and said that he would refer this on to the escalations team. But I was told that my case was being referred to the escalations team by the engineer when he called last week. So I have no idea what's going on or any indication when I'll have a functioning landline service again!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rick_,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your Landline issue.

I can assure you that  your issue is still being looked into and investigated internally. Our teams are doing all they can to have this resolved for you as soon as they can.

Apologies for any inconvenience or delays caused.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rick_
On our wavelength

Hi again, had another engineer out on Tuesday of last week, couldn't fix the issue and was told that again it had been escalated to a higher team to look at (something about an 'A5') and was told I would receive a call from that team guaranteed by the end of the day to let me know what was going on and when it would be fixed. It's now the following Monday and I'm still waiting on that phone call...

Also received an e-mail from Virgin saying the issue now appears to be fixed. It most certainly isn't.

It's now been almost 3 weeks of no phone ringing with promises made and none of them fulfilled.

Hello Rick_

Sorry to hear this is still not working 
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L