cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line crackling

PickwickNick
Joining in

My phone line is crackling so we cannot make or receive calls. There is a faint dial tone under the crackle. Please could you advise how to sort the problem.

We have tried a different phone in the socket and does the same thing .

The phone plugs into phone socket , however we have recently recieved an adaptor  to plug into the box but have not recieved a set up date

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PickwickNick,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't able to use your phone due to crackling, 

You have advised you have tried another handset can you make sure nothing else is plugged into the phoneline, including any intentions or filters.

Regards

Paul.

No nothing else is plugged into the socket i.e filter . I have also checked on line and there doesnt seem to be a service issue either Thankyou

Thank you PickwickNick,

So I can look into this for you and arrange a technician if required I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Have sent the information thanks 

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PickwickNick,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, as advised I have arranged a technician for your crackling line, you can view this and reschedule if required Via your Online Account.

If you do need any further help/ support do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

many thanks I cannot see the appointment   as I will be in after 5 pm

Hi Nick, looks like you have spoken to us, has your issue now been resolved.

Regards

Paul.

Hello

No its not been resolved ,had a message that an engineer was booked, however when I go onto My Virgin Media account I cannot see it.

So cannot change or re arrange as I am not in until after 5 on Monday.