cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line/VOIP Switchover

blicky_1
Tuning in

Hi,

So I get an email from Virgin Media on the 17th June to thank me for making changes to my package (no I did not) the new package removed the phone line rental - talk weekends, this is to take effect on the 21st June. I have the 200mb BB service, no TV btw.

I have now found out that the phone line has been disconnected and I can't ring in or out.

I have never received any information about the switch over beforehand (but I did know things were happening before 2025) 

As I have a Superhub 2AC in modem mode (and have had for many years) I guess something has gone wrong here, I also hope I have not lost my number that I've had for 20+ years!

Currently waiting on live chat, wondering if this has happened to anyone else....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @blicky_1,

Thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line has been disconnected as part of our 21CV migration. So I can assist you further in getting this reconnected, I'm going to pop you a PM.

Please look out for it in the top-right of the forums, in the purple envelope,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @blicky_1,

Thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear that your phone line has been disconnected as part of our 21CV migration. So I can assist you further in getting this reconnected, I'm going to pop you a PM.

Please look out for it in the top-right of the forums, in the purple envelope,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi blicky_1, 

Thanks for coming back to us via private message to confirm that date is suitable for you. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues or queries. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Installation all went well so thanks for arranging that. 

One problem though, I have been given a different phone number, can my old one (of 20 years) please be swapped over? 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @blicky_1,

Thank you for coming back to us about your landline switchover. We're glad that the Home Phone Switchover went as planned. 

However, I'm sorry to hear that you don't have the right landline number! That is strange. I will be more than happy to investigate this further for you. I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Still no solution and Paulina_Z seems to have gone missing (may be a day off) 

Can someone else look into this as I have not had a phone line in a month now, now it's fixed but on the wrong number?