cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Switchover

hawthornuk
Joining in

My mother has recently contacted Virgin Media regarding phone line switchover - It appears her hub needs upgrading for this switchover .  They promised to send a new hub and call back with an appointment for an engineer .  After no response from virgin for over 2 weeks her line was cut off this morning and she received an email with a change to her package (only 2 months into a new negotiated contract for 18 moths)  which is now £10 extra per month without phone services included.  I called virgin and it was explained that the orginal order was input wrongly so have finally confirmed an appointment for an engineer to come out on Friday however I have had to call back as her package has not been reverted to original contract.  When speaking to the team they have added a discount to the new package to bring it back to the normal price and stated they cannot add the phone element until the work is complete - She also said she will email her manager to get a rolling discount for the remainder of the contract but there is no way of checking if this is applied.  Can anyone explain why the package has been changed without speaking to the customer or if they have had the same happen .  I am now worried that I will have to constantly keep phoning to sort this out and get her back on her agreed contract as well as have telephony service at no extra cost.  Virgin media said they have no notes as to why the package has been changed but not to worry as she will still be charged the same price - but the new contract is a lot more whe the contract ends than her old package - is there a way of rejecting the change to package as there is nothing stated on the email and it appears to be a new contract 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hawthornuk,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages. I'm happy that I could provide the clarification you needed on this issue. 

If you come across any other issues, please get back in touch with us, we'll be more than happy to help. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hawthornuk,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that your mother's account has been impacted by the home phone switchover and that a new contract was applied onto the account without discussing this further with the account holder. 

I'll be more than happy to review the situation with you and see what we can do to help going further. I will send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon,

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hawthornuk,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Messages. I'm happy that I could provide the clarification you needed on this issue. 

If you come across any other issues, please get back in touch with us, we'll be more than happy to help. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi we have just received the bill for this month and infact the contract is still £10 more than agreed with Phone line charges now extra  and I have had to telephone once again for a credit to be applied - from the private message I was told the contract was definitely the original  contract and would only be charged this - am I going to have to call every month for this credit to be applied ?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hawthornuk

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I can see you're in private message with my colleague, they'll handle this via there 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team