cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line Not Working

sheilajac
Joining in

I am posting this on behalf of my 84 year old Aunt. Her Virgin phone line has not been working for over a fortnight and all my calls to Virgin CS have proved fruitless.

The fault is that when any number is dialled, the call connects only to Virgin Media Customer Service.

The reality is this has left an 84 year old lady with an ongoing health problem with no working outgoing phone. Oddly all incoming calls are fine. VM faults say there is no fault!

So frustrated we are that we have applied to BT for a new landline and now cancelled Virgin Media but retentions have had a bash at fixing the fault so she can at least have a phone working until the new line is activated. They transferred us to a department but we were cut off.

Very unimpressed all round reallly.

3 REPLIES 3

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi sheilajac,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you're aunt is having difficulty making outbound calls from here landline. We will certainly take a look at this fault for you. Can we ask if your aunt has asked for a call bar to be added to her line? With what you have advised, it seems that all calls other than Virgin Media and possibly 999 have been barred.

If you're able to pass security on your aunts behalf we will be happy to investigate this issue further for you.

Kind regards Jodi 

I am utterly disgusted with your service.

Your operators cannot fix the issue and simply hang up.

The Direct Debit has been stopped so you can whistle for your money now.

Hi Sheila, sincerest apologies for your poor experience - we would really like to help. 

Hopefully you saw the above response from Jodi, would you be able to let us know if a call bar has been added?

It would also be good to know if she recently had a change in her landline service, converting to our VOIP (Voice over IP / Broadband) service?

If this is the case, did she also have an EBUL phone installed? If trying to make calls from the EBUL handset that would cause this fault, as they are for emergency calls only. There should still be a main handset where your aunt could make all other calls. 

Did you raise a complaint regarding your experience? We can also help do this for you. If you can please let us know the answer of the above questions, and we can then send you a PM if needed to confirm some account information, get a complaint raised and offer further support. 

All the best! 

Molly