Menu
Charbuckland
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone Line ‘Busy’

Good afternoon, I wonder if I could get some help and advice.

Since 10am this morning, I have been trying to get a line available to make telephone calls. When I try to call Virgin Media on 150, I get the error message ‘sorry lines are busy, please try later’, and this has continued every time I try to call Virgin Media as I can’t call anyone else! I tried the ‘run test’ for the phone and no faults were found, and an engineer is now booked for Tuesday. Of course this problem had to happen today when I get free weekend calls, so it is inconvenient, and to call Virgin Media on the mobile phone is very expensive. There is a problem with the telephone line, and wonder if this situation has happened before, and what can I do about it? 

As always, your experienced help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Charbuckland
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line ‘Busy’

Good morning,

A further update to my phone line problem - I have a cordless telephone, when I press the on button I have a beeping noise which signifies I have a voicemail message. I press 1571 then I get the recorded message ‘sorry lines are busy, please try later’, and I am unable to clear the message or call Virgin Media on 150, where I get the same recorded message.

Has something happened to the phone lines?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Charbuckland
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone Line ‘Busy’

Good afternoon,

An update - Good news the Phone Line is repaired. The phone is now working as normal, voice mail messages are cleared, and I was able to once again call Virgin Media on 150.

I didn’t receive any help or advice this time.

Thank you

0 Kudos