cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Divert

pistonbroke
Joining in

Moved house a little while ago, it seems VM cannot get my new installation sorted 

Can do without the TV and have other provisions for the broadband, but not having our landline is proving a major headache 

The house we are in already has a BT landline, need to keep this with its number, so cant transfer

I thought VM had a call divert system so we could divert calls from our old number to the new, but cant seem to set this up, as usual customer support were less than helpful 

How do i set up a call divert from our old number to the BT line we have at the moment,  just until VM can get us connected up,  As we have moved the old number seems to be inactive but I'm still in contract and am expecting to have this as our landline number when they finally connect us up

Ta

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pistonbroke

Thanks for posting.

Can I just clarify, are you currently with us as an existing customer and wanting to do a house move, taking your services with us?

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

I am an existing customer, just wanted to move all my services to another house, the new house has A BT landline 

Its been 6 weeks and still VM are unable to connect me up, as there is a VM divert service thought it would be good to divert the old number to the BT line whilst i wait for connection, seems this is easier said than done !

Thanks for coming back to me with confirmation.

The account itself you're looking to move, if that is disconnected, we wouldn't be able to do the call divert as it's a disconnected account I'm afraid. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I presume when I'm connected I will retain the old number, 

Is there any other way i can receive calls to this number whilst i wait to be connected 

am i due any compensation ?

Sadly not I'm afraid.

In relation to compensation, please see this article on automatic compensation

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team