Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishy text‽

Steanie
Tuning in

Hi,

Do Virgin Media send out messages from +447480632098?  Such as:-

Hi, your Virgin kit will arrive on Fri 25 Mar. Yodel will send you a 2-hour delivery window. To view your order details, get our app at virginmedia.com/qsapp. 

We'll be in touch tomorrow with your 2-hour slot. Get set up at virginmedia.com/bbph. Not in? No worries:Yodel will leave a card explaining how to reschedule.

Great news! Your Virgin Media kit's on its way. Keep this text handy, and when you're ready to get set up, just reply GO to this message and we'll activate it.

Thanks! We've received your activation request. Sit tight and we'll be coming back to you in the next 20 mins to confirm it's worked.

We're sorry, but something went wrong when we tried to activate your kit. To get things sorted, please give us a call on 08009539500.

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Steanie,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for getting in touch with us regarding this.

I can confirm these messages are in fact from our team. This would be regarding your recent order. Have you been able to activate your equipment since? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

both the phone and WiFi seem to be working okay although I'm not sure if I need to do anything else regarding getting my old number.  My link speed a moment ago was 144 mbps  before I checked Sky's which was 866 mbps, but when I crossed back to Virgin it too showed 866 mbps so I think I'm good.  My Sky phone expires tomorrow and the Sky TV on the 21st.  I intend to just use apps after that to save some money.

Thanks,

Steve

Thank you for the update @Steanie.

Glad to see you are getting on well. Just to confirm, have you requested a landline port with our team as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/keep-my-number#:~:text=from%20Virgin%20Mobile-,You%20can%20get%20a%... Also is your old landline still active for the port to take place? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Yes,  I said I wanted to keep my number when I first ordered Virgin equipment but haven't done anything else to that end aprat from posting a query here.  

The phone contract with Sky does end tomorrow, though; Is that a problem?  I could have kept it going until the 21st when the TV contract ends 😕

We would need your old landline open to be able to port your number as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/keep-my-number. It is best advised to leave this open until after your installation so the transfer can be completed and you can keep your number.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team