cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Calls over VOIP

vin111
Joining in

Hi,  i have just been switched from the traditional land line to VOIP, for some reason every 50 minutes my answerphone records a missed number but it doesn't ring, it all working correctly receiving and calling ok apart from the Phantom calls, I have looked at all other appliances to see if this could be triggering the phone ie alarms cctv and heating , any ideas , I have called Virgin but the guy on the end of the phone couldn't care less!

9 REPLIES 9

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello vin111

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query regarding your landline, it's certainly a strange one!! Welcome back to the forums.

From looking at your account it doesn't show your current landline connection as being set up to be used with your Hub? Is this the changes that have been made to your landline? If so, when was the change completed?

From looking there aren't any issues with the landline or your broadband connection that would explain this.

Rob

rmd69
Tuning in

Hi there did you get to the bottom of why phone's ringing ever 50 minutes  once then cuts off as we have just switched over to VoIP and we are getting the same issue and virgin say its the bt phone  tried new non bt  phone and same issue  thanks in advance  

Hi rmd69,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community page. We do apologise about the strange happenings with your phone and the random call every 50 minutes. 

Remotely checking our systems from our end, you are not yet ready to change over to VOIP. We are migrating customers over area by area and you are not ready for this service currently. Who advised you to plug your line in to the back of your hub?

You are currently still on our copper line so your handset should be plugged into your master socket not your hub. 

Can you please make sure your landline is plugged in to your master socket on the wall and let us know if you have any dial tone and the random calling stops.

Kind regards Jodi. 

the engineer and manager from virgin  said i had to do this 

after the copper line stopped working 

its a business account not home user

thanks for the help by the way

Thanks for coming back to us rmd69,

I'm not too sure why they have advised you of this as you have not yet migrated? When did the engineer attend your property?

We may need to book another appointment for you to see what has happened. Have you tried your master socket since?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi its a business account

let me try master socket and get back to you  Melvin  

Many thanks rmd69,

I do apologise, this is where the confusion has come in. We have checked your residential account not your business account.

Unfortunately, rmd69 we do not have access to business accounts from here as it is a residential community forum only. 

Please can we ask if your able to call our business team on 0800 052 0800 or contact our business team using the link here https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/

Many thanks Jodi. 

thanks for that will do melvin

You're most welcome Melvin,

We hope they manage to get this issue resolved for you.

All the best, take care.

Jodi.