cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently withold home number

AndreaPB
Joining in

I am a vulnerable pensioner.  Before swapping over to Virgin I asked for my home number to be permanently withheld and ex-directory (previously had a permanently withheld number and ex-directory with the Post Office). I was told "yes" and that this was "…no problem…".

Weeks later, over 12 separate phone calls, hours on the phone, written requests  and my number is still not permanently withheld/concealed or ex-directory.  No one seems to be able to help me 'permanently withhold' my number.  The Virgin website states that they do offer this service and to contact their customer services.  This quote is taken directly from their website on their "Witholding my Virgin Media home phone number" : "To permanently withhold your number, our Customer Service team can help you set this up."  Every time I call I get told to wait 24hrs, 72hrs, 3-5 days, up to 10 working days for them to sort it out and it is never resolved. 

I cannot use the number 141 option before every call.  I am now too afraid to make external calls and it has left me extremely isolated and depressed. 

1 REPLY 1

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello AndreaPB

Please don't worry or panic 

You have done the right thing joining here and explaining the situation to us 

I will happily have a look at this for you

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L