cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently withhold number

CK54
Joining in

Phoned Customer Service twice, as advised by Virgin.

It took an hour for them to come back with their solution because they say they don't do this process often.

I was then told to dial 1470 and follow instructions to permanently withhold number, I would then need to dial 141 to release the number for important contacts. Wrote this down as told and informed the agent this was the opposite of the website advice.

Was told to ignore the website and everything would work, it doesn't.

Clearly no-one at the customer service knows how to do this can anyone else help?

Please!

Some customer service training on this would also help others in the future.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CK54, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me via private message with your details. 

I have added the feature on for you now. It can take 24-48 hours to take effect. If after this time you are still having an issue, please pop back to me here 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CK54, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're not getting the correct advice around the permanent number conceal feature. . 

You are able to permanently conceal your phone number however it sounds like the instructions you've had is to make the number available when calling important contacts. To do this you would dial 1470 before you make the call to override the feature. 

I'll need to ensure the feature is on your account and if not, I can get this added but in the meantime dialling 141 in front of any number you wish to call will withhold your number. 

To get things sorted I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CK54, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me via private message with your details. 

I have added the feature on for you now. It can take 24-48 hours to take effect. If after this time you are still having an issue, please pop back to me here 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team