cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passcode Delays on Landline

Ian_Nunthorpe
Up to speed

I have recently got a problem with receiving One-Time Passcodes on my Landline. The Passcodes are sent when I am making an online purchase (e.g. Tesco groceries) or logging on to a website on my PC. The Passcodes used to arrive on my Landline within seconds, but are now delayed by several minutes, and the online purchase or login is timed out. Why have these delays started? What can be done to remove the delays?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe

Thanks for posting.

I've had a colleague refresh the switch, can you try it again for me?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe

Thanks for posting.

I've had a colleague refresh the switch, can you try it again for me?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John,

Yes, that's done the trick!

Thanks for your quick response to my query, and the successful outcome.

How often does this switch need refreshing?

Ian

Hi Ian,

Ah that's great! Pleased to hear it's all resolved for you.

Your landline shouldn't require a consistent refresh to allow the one time passcodes to come through quickly, however if you do find that this issue reoccurs or if you have any more problems just let us know and we'll be more than happy to help further.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

John,

I have a similar problem with delays in Passcodes sent to my mobile phone which is on the Virgin Mobile network. I cannot get a mobile signal within my house from Virgin Mobile, so I have to use WiFi Calling with my mobile. However, WiFi Calling on Virgin Mobile also delays Passcodes being sent.

Is there a similar switch that can be refreshed to remove delays in sending Passcodes to mobiles via Virgin Mobile's WiFi Calling?

Ian

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ian_Nunthorpe,

Thanks for coming back to us - sorry to hear you're also having issues using WiFi Calling for pass codes.

Just to understand what's going on a little better, are you able to confirm what particular senders this issue is occurring with? Is it usually the same one or have there been multiple?

Also, has WiFi Calling been working OK for other services eg. making normal calls?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have found that WiFi Calling has a problem with Passcodes from all sources. They tend to come through eventually, but are delayed for a long time, and by then they have timed out!

WiFi Calling is fine for making and receiving calls.

Thanks for the update Ian_Nunthorpe, can you confirm what handset you're currently experiencing the issues with please?

Rob

Rob,

iPhone 7

Ian

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ian_Nunthorpe, 

There is nothing we can do like refresh the switch mobile wise, can you confirm you are receiving messages with the passcodes but they are delayed? 

Is it just these that you are having issues with or are you having any other network issues?

Zoie